POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making Planets : Making Planets Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Making Planets
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 9 Mar 2010 08:15:51
Message: <4b964a07@news.povray.org>
This has been done many times--in fact, not so long ago someone was
using some rather advanced techniques with very nice results, but I
couldn't find the post or remember who was doing it.  In any case, I was
inspired last night to make a POV planet, and here it is.  I'm fond of
the atmosphere and the water, but I should keep working on the texture
for the landmasses.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blueplanet.jpg' (55 KB)